Cholesterol is a fatty substance that is present in your body cells and is necessary to be present in normal level for proper functioning of the body. Higher levels of cholesterol can block arteries, causes heart disease and stroke.
Blood carries the Cholesterol throughout the body as proteins called lipoproteins. These are of two types:
– LDL(low-density lipoprotein) also called as bad cholesterol which if present in higher amount causes problem.
– HDL(high-density lipoprotein) also called as good cholesterol, which acts a shield by keeping away the LDL from arteries and takes it back to liver from where it gets flushed out.
The best way to control bad cholesterol is to exercise regularly even if it is for 10 minutes. Food habits also contributes to raising the cholesterol levels. Working from home has caused a rise in the cholesterol level in most of us, causing a risk of heart diseases.
I have come up with these 9 simple yoga poses that will help in bringing down the cholesterol levels (use wall or chair support if needed for doing 6 and 7):
1. Nadi Shodhana (0:40)
2. Revolved Heron Pose (2:00)
3. Locust Variation 1 (4:34)
4. Locust Variation 2 (5:11)
5. Triangle Pose (5:54)
6. Shoulder stand bound angle variation(7:51)
7. Shoulder stand eagle legs variation (8:46)
8. Camel Pose (9:58)
9. Child’s Pose (10:32)
Practicing these poses regularly helps to stimulate heart, endocrine system, abdominal organs, lower the stress and anxiety and lower the LDL. It also improves digestion, liver functioning, helps weight loss and promotes well being.
So, Let’s begin the practice! Grab your Yoga mat and soothe it up!
Connect with Healthy Soulzz on:
#sootheitup #healthysoulzz #diabetes #weightloss #wellness #diabetesawareness #yoga #exercise
Disclaimer – Please seek medical consultation before doing these exercises if your condition is chronic.