Okay Ladies — Get in #Formation and KNOW YOUR RISK FACTORS FOR HEART DISEASE! ❤ 💁🏾❤
Here’s one: If you (or important women in your life) have HIGH CHOLESTEROL, you’re at a high risk for having HEART DISEASE!
February is National Heart Month! EPIC invites you to join the #HerHeartMatters campaign dedicated to raising awareness about HEART DISEASE in Pacific Islander women.
Through our campaign, we have our SELFIE-WITH-HER Challenge, asking you to share your heartfelt dedications and reflections about the IMPORTANT WOMEN/GIRLS who have molded, shaped, or impacted your life. Tell us why #HerHeartMatters. YOU CAN WIN COOL PRIZES FROM OUR SPONSORS!
1. Share our video: The Source Of My First Heartbeat – https://youtu.be/ZH_4G7b6ssA
2. Take a selfie with important women/girls in your life and tell us why #HerHeartMatters (examples: Mom, Wife, Sister, Aunty, Grandma, Cousin, Bae or BFF)
3. Use the hashtag #HerHeartMatters
4. Follow us & Tag us for your chance to WIN prizes throughout the month!
FB: Empowering Pacific Islander Communities Twitter: @EmpoweredPI
5. Post as many entries as you wish!
S/O to our model Live “Josie” Maluia for being so awesome ❤❤❤
EPIC is a part of Navigating Pacific Hearts; a collaborative or NHPI organizations with the goals of increasing awareness of heart disease risk factors and increasing NHPI women’s ability to engage in conversations with their physician.
Navigating Pacific Hearts is funded by the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health in partnership with the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
#HerHeartMatters #EmpoweredPI #ElevateYourVoice #NavigatingPacificHearts #PILOTfam