Dr Nigel Capps talks about the benefits of using statins to treat high cholesterol and how statin medication can still play a role in treatment even if the patient experiences some side effects from statins.
HEART UK 30th Annual Conference: Cholesterol – The Evolving Story. A Celebration of 30 Years of Lipidology
OUR CHOLESTEROL HELPLINE
Call 0345 450 5988 or visit ► https://heartuk.org.uk/cholesterol-helpline
Are you looking for free, impartial, friendly and informative advice on:
* Your cholesterol levels and what it means
* Your risk of heart disease
* Changing your diet or lifestyle to lower cholesterol
* Statins, statin side effects and other cholesterol lowering treatments
* When and how to test your cholesterol level
Then why not contact our Cholesterol Helpline for advice from specialist cardiac nurses and dietitians? Whether your call is about yourself or someone you care about, we’re here to help you.
Dietetic advice is also available in Punjabi, Urdu and Hindi on Fridays.